If you’ve been experiencing frequent headaches and using medication for relief on a regular basis, it may be time to consult your physician. Your primary care provider may suggest that you seek the help of neurology specialists to treat your symptoms. There are warning signs to alert you of the need to seek specialized medical attention:
- Headaches are experienced twice or more per week
- Headaches are worsening over time even after treatment
- Headaches bring on blurred vision, confusion, dizziness, nausea or vomiting
- Headaches are accompanied by loss of control of parts of your body, speech or vision
- Headaches are sudden and severe and accompanied by a fever or stiff neck
- Headache pain makes it hard for you to carry out daily tasks and responsibilities
If your headache symptoms fall into any of the categories mentioned, you may want to keep a calendar documenting the dates and times of your headache experiences before you visit the doctor and neurology specialists. Your notes and headache history can help pinpoint the causes and triggers for your pain; and help to find potential relief.
Working directly with your primary care provider and the neurology specialists at Spring Medical Associates can help you find the solutions and care you want for your headache pain and to start living your life again. Contact us today and find the answers you need!