There are a lot of medical conditions and ailments that cause symptoms you may be embarrassed to talk about. You might find it tough to call a doctor’s office and talk about a rash or strange discharge that you are experiencing. However, if you don’t overcome this feeling of embarrassment, you may delay important treatment. Take a deep breath and follow these tips so you can get the help you need.
Work with the Right Doctors
The doctors in the Woodlands, TX at Spring Medical Associates do everything possible to make patients comfortable. We’ve seen it all, and we want our patients to know that they can share all of their medical concerns with us. The only way we can offer you the best possible treatment is if we know about everything that’s bothering you.
Write It Down
You may feel less anxious if you write down all of your symptoms before your visit. Then you can read from the list so you don’t have to look the nurse or doctor in the eye when you’re in the examination room if you’d prefer not to. You can also ask them to read the symptoms off of the page. Plus, then you can be certain you haven’t forgotten anything in your nervousness.
Find Services and Treatment for:
- Short-term illness and long-term conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, digestive, kidney, thyroid and heart problems, Cholesterol management, anticoagulation monitoring, allergies, asthma, and more
- Physical exams for sports, school and summer camp
- Preventive care, Annual health screening and physical exams for individuals of all ages
- Routine care for women, including Pap smears, pelvic and breast exams, birth control
- Mental healthcare for adults and children
- Flu shots, Adult and child immunizations
- Lab services
- Intrauterine device (IUD) placement and removal
- Contraceptive implant placement and removal
- Special procedures such as Biopsy and excision of skin lesions, Infant circumcision, and ingrown toenail treatment
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Shoulder and Knee Joint injections
The staff, nurses, and doctors in the Woodlands, TX at Spring Medical Associates are eager to assist you. Don’t be embarrassed, no matter the nature of your problem, or if you’re worried you’re overreacting to a small issue. When it comes to your health, it’s better to be safe than sorry.